Thursday, May 24: Job 37- Filled with wonder for the Lord .

Once again, Elihu draws me into contemplating the greatness of the Lord. 'Do you know how…' Elihu asks in 15 and 16. And he rounds up his words saying, The Almighty is beyond our reach and exalted in power; in his justice and great righteousness, he does not oppress (23).

I look outside and think how does grace grow? Earlier today I was thinking about the northern lights I witnessed in February. How are they formed, I wondered so I looked it up. Science knows part of the answer, but their knowledge is incomplete.

Isn't that true about most things, our information is incomplete.

Not so the Lord… He is perfect in wisdom and understanding because He created all things!!! God not only knows how things work, He created them in the first place.

It seems Elihu's goal is to get Job to suffer humility realizing the greatness of the Lord.

No matter Job's response, which is not included in the story, I was drawn to a pause.

I stopped yet again and marveled at the majesty of the Lord. It was quite easy today, a glorious spring day. Windows open… the fresh air streaks across my cheeks as the crisp air delights each breath. Sun is high in the sky causing colors of budding flowers to pop. I am seated right now by a brook, which runs lazily by, offering a habitat for ducks, geese and a swan. Earlier some type of hawk was perched in the tree either resting or spying fish in the water. Behind all of this beauty and delight is the hand of the Lord. His creation is wonder-full… i.e. when I pause and reflect I am filled with wonder in the Lord God creator.

What a gift… to be filled with wonder for the Lord. Such as been one of the great gifts from my read through Job!

Lord, Increase my wonder… my wonder and awe of YOU. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment