Tuesday, May 29: Job 41- Fear, humility, ashamed.

      The inquisition of the Lord continues…

In the middle of God's interrogation comes these words, Who then is able to stand against me? Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me (10b-11).

Even without these words spoken this truth is pounded home by the Lord's queries. Stating this clearly only serves to emphasize this truth!

The answer to these rhetorical questions are clear, "NO ONE… especially not you, Job."

What would my response have been to the Lord had I been standing in Job's sandals?

Fear… I mean full on fear of One so powerful looming over me.

Humility… this is no false sense of humanity. Face to face with God Almighty I cannot imagine feeling anything but tiny, insignificant, and humble in His presence.

Ashamed… of my words, my boasts. Even as good as Job was, standing in the presence of perfection would accentuate every flaw in my humanity.

I don't know if I would have any voice to respond. I am not even sure a response is required. I might just fall on my face before the Lord…

Lord, living into the spirit of the moment I just described, I humble myself before You… Mighty, Great, Majestic.

You are Lord God Almighty and I surrender myself to You joyfully and fearfully with reverence and awe… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment