Wednesday, May 30: Job 42- I am His.

Called into the Lord's courtroom, how does a person respond? Job's final words say it well. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes (6).

Repent… Job's word is an arrow straight to my heart.

Face to face with the Lord the wise and discerning heart repents. The perfection, power and presence of the Lord overwhelms mere humans. I cannot imagine anything less than Job's reaction. "I repent, Lord, of my actions, words, thoughts, and deeds. I repent, Lord, and I am utterly defenseless before You.

I cannot imagine any reaction short of this one.

As I sit, the need for stillness before the Lord; stillness and repentance overwhelms me.

God Almighty is here. I sit with Him and He with me. Even with my sin God joins me. I feel like Isaiah, "Woe is me, I am a man of unclean lips and live among a people of unclean lips" (Isaiah 6:5). I cry with the Prodigal son, "Father I have sinned against heaven and you. I am no longer worth to be called your son…" (Luke 15:21).

I have this pulse to become small and hang my head in shame for my sin-filled lack.

Still the Lord stays with me. God whispers one word, Jesus, as He pulls me close. God draws me to His side as if I were Jesus. I am clothed in Jesus' righteousness and accepted as a co-heir with Jesus.

The darkness created by my sin, begins to break as the light of God's love shines. I am lifted and drawn into God's embrace. I am His…

I am His, through faith in Jesus.

Alleluia!  Joy floods the moment. Joy fills my heart.

Oh, blessed Lord, words seem inadequate… Thank You. Bless You seems too simplistic. Still they are all my mind and heart can muster.

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment