Monday, June 4: 1Corinthians 4- Conscience.

Verse 4 launched my thinking. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

Our conscience can be a powerful tool for good, but it remains an element of a human life, therefore, it is fallible. Very fallible.

Even though Paul's conscience was clear, Paul understood that his conscience was fallible. It could be right or it could be wrong. Jesus, however, is always right and his judgments are always correct. So even though Paul's conscience is clear, he rests his life and his declaration of innocence in the hand of the Lord.

For the most part my conscience is good, steering me toward what is right and away from what is evil. But my conscience is not perfectly good. Like me it is touched my sin. To trust my innocence to my conscience, rather than Christ, would be a colossal mistake.

No, my faith needs to be in Jesus not my conscience!

Keep me tethered to you, Jesus.

Lord, my hope is in Christ alone… not my conscience, not my good deeds, not the hope I am better than most, not in believing that everyone gets eternal life. Lord, my only hope for salvation and eternal life is You, Jesus… My hope is in You and You alone, Jesus. And in this truth I will rest tonight.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus Christ and His righteousness… Amen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment