Saturday, May 29: 1Samuel 26-Consistency

I’ve been pondering this chapter for a while now.  What is it you need for me to hear, Lord?

The single word ‘consistency’ came to mind. David was incredibly consistent. For the second time he finds Saul in a vulnerable position where he could kill Saul, who is trying to kill him. And for the second time David withholds his hand. David will not attack the Lord’s anointed.

What I observe with David is that he rises to the occasion again and again. He is steeped in God and living honorably before God.  And he consistently chosing the way of God…

Consistency is a hallmark of David’s life. “Is it true of me?” the gentle nudge of the Spirit inquirers.

Is it? I ponder and examine my life for a while before I pray…

Consistency. My thesaurus adds words like: steadiness, reliability, stability, regularity. Am I? Am I that way in my living for the Lord?

Lord, examine me and where I fall short, correct and build me up. And where I am stronger, build me up all the more so that my life might consistently honor You.  Lord of my life and Savior of my soul.  Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment