Wednesday, May 5: 1Samuel 5-God defends Himself.

Sometimes I get the crazy notion that I need to defend God. Is that the height of arrogance or what? That God would need me to defend Him!

This reading is a good reminder that God can and will defend Himself. I love it. The Philistines put the ark of the Lord, which was the tangible location of God with Israel, in their temple and come morning the Philistine god is laying down before the ark of the Lord. Is that a picture or what? The pagan god prostrate before Almighty God!

I am reminded of Philippians 2:10-11: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. There will be a day when everyone and everything will bow before the Lord.

Yes, God can and will defend Himself…

O, God, thank You for revealing Yourself to me now so that I can acknowledge You, Lord, out of love and devotion rather than conquest! Help me, Lord, to live for You, to speak up about my faith in You and point people to Jesus, the way the truth and the life… Savior of all who believe in Him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment