Wednesday, May 12: 1Samuel 11-A good start

As I read about Saul’s first kingly action rescuing Jabesh Gilead, I found myself thinking, “what a good start.” Saul stepped up, rallied the country and saved a city. Way to go!

Starting is important. Sometimes I (and others I know) get stuck starting. Sometimes when I believe God has asked me to do a particular task or I sense a prompting from the Lord to do something, I hem and haw and neglect to start. Sometimes the task seems too big and I am immobilized by its size or scope and can’t seem to get started. Other times I am timid to follow God’s leading, because it might seem foolish. Then there are times when I sense a nudge from God.  I put off acting right away and before I know it other thoughts, ideas and things on my ‘to-do’ list pop up and I forget God’s earlier leading.

The above paragraph was a cathartic way of recognizing that Saul started. He jumped in and did what he believed God prompted him to do! “Yeah, Saul. Through your actions, God is reminding me that starting is important.”

When the Lord supplies a prompting, I need to check it out and then ACT, rather than wait around and avoid what God is asking me to do.”

O, God, it never fails to amaze me that You will speak with me every time I sit with You. You are a great and wonderful God. Lord, Your word stings a bit, I admit it. The list of nudges and promptings You have sent my way that I have avoided or neglected is too long for me to bear. Forgive me for my faithlessness, at times and help me through the presence of Your Holy Spirit to be more readily faithful to Your will and way and promptings… In Jesus name and for Your glory I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment