Wednesday, May 26: 1Samuel 23-A man after God's own heart

David is described in the Bible as a man after God’s own heart, not perfect, but a man after God’s own heart. I saw that character trait emerging in this morning’s reading.

On the run for his life, David develops the pattern of seeking God’s direction as a basic course of life. Four times, the text records David inquiring of the Lord about what to do or where to go. This speaks volumes about David and who he is at the core of his person.

God’s voice spoke into my heart, “Bill, learn from David. Seek Me. Inquire of Me. Make that a life-habit. I will guide you, I will show you the way I want you to go…”

It was an inspiration for me to watch David seek the Lord. God is grooming this future king of Israel and David is learning…

Lord, I am listening. Speak, lead, guide, and direct me… in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment