Saturday, May 1: 1Samuel 2-Thank you.

As soon as I opened the chapter, my eyes landed on Hannah’s prayer. Before my eyes focused on a particular word, I knew God’s voice would come from those words this morning.

Reading Hannah’s prayer, my soul sunk into God’s Word. As I pushed through the remainder of the chapter, I heard its’ lessons but my heart drew back to Hannah’s words… I reread her prayer.

There stood this mom, God’s miracle son standing next to her, a mere tot maybe 3 or so years old, and she was literally giving him to the Lord. From now on she would see him once a year… that’s it. No more lullabies at night, no more daily hugs or smiles, no phone or email to contact him throughout the day. This was pretty much ‘good bye, my son.’ I wondered what her words to her son were? But the text is silent on this.

What God chose to record was Mama’s parting prayer… a prayer of praise to God.

I wondered what I might have prayed. Immediately I went to thoughts of blessing upon the child. Now maybe Hannah prayed such a blessing. Maybe Elkanah and Hannah prayed before mom and son left home for Shiloh.   Again the text is silent. What God chose to record was Hannah’s praise to Him, Who gave her the child.

This prayer is totally God-centered. From first to last and everything in between, this prayer lauds and magnifies the Lord. It exalts God for Who He is and how He orchestrates life.

This prayer tells me where Hannah’s heart lives. It lives in the palm of Almighty God’s hand.

Where do I live?My morning challenge comes in that simple question.

Thinking back over my words and wonderings about what might have been spoken to the boy by mom or dad, the prayer of blessing that might have been prayed over the boy, I wonder, would I have been that full of praise for God? I wonder, do I give Jesus my all?

Jesus be the center be my source be my strength, Jesus.

Jesus be the center be my light be my life, Jesus…

Jesus I throw myself upon You… I love You… I devote myself to You, Jesus. Jesus…

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment