Tuesday, May 4: 1Samuel 4-God keeps His word.

Two chapters ago God spoke to Eli and told him what would happen. That his family would be judged and his sons would die the same day. This chapter is the fulfillment of God’s judgment on Eli and his family. God fulfills His word down to the letter. God keeps His word!

That’s my simple devotional take-a-way from today’s reading. God keeps His word. When God gives His word, He keeps it. God speaks blessing… blessing will come. God speaks judgment or wrath… judgment or wrath will come.

Hold the Bible you are reading. God will keep every promise in it… no wavering, no doubt, no debate. God keeps His word.

O, Lord God, I am so thankful that You keep Your word. You are absolutely trustworthy. Lord, I place my life in Your hands because it is the safest place to be, because what You have said, You will being to pass. I trust You, Lord, and I love You, Lord… In the name of the Father and Son and Holy Spirit I pray, amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment