Saturday, July 10: Ephesians 1-Chosen by God

My wife and I decided to buy a particular type of wooded Christmas decoration as a memento of our recent trip to Germany. Both of us have German blood in our lineage, it was our first trip to Germany, our 30th anniversary and the first time we had seen our son in almost a year. It was a special trip and we wanted a special memento. We saw one early on in our trip, kept our eye open as we traveled, looked at and examined numerous possibilities, but in the end there was this one.This was no impulse buy, it was just right, so we chose it.

It could be said of this piece, chosen by the Gestals, thought and care went into the choice and now it holds a special place in our memories and our lives.

This memory flooded my mind when I read verse 11: In him [Christ] we were also chosen … With these words God, through Paul’s pen, is expressing how special each and every one of us is to God. God chose us, each and every one of us, with care to be part of His family. We were not an impulse choice, nor one that would be relegated to a junk pile some day! No, each and every one of us were chosen with care and are loved immensely by God. God is proud we are His. He has never and will never regret His choice of you and me.

The Spirit’s simple whisper to me (& you through my pen), dwell on this. Allow God’s incredible love and His choosing of you to seep deep into your soul and mind and heart today.

O, God, to be loved by You… what a wonderful thing. Words do not come today as I pray and as I bask in the incredible, indescribable, amazing love of God my Father, God my Savior and God my Comforter. May my life bless You and give You honor and glory… through Christ my Savior I pray, Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment