Thursday, July 1: 2Samuel 23-The men behind the man.

Recording the exploits of David’s mighty men is a bold reminder that no one successfully leads, governs, or battles alone.

David’s mighty men were brave warriors who courageously and faithfully served David. Many of them started with David back when he was fleeing from Saul and they stayed with him during his entire reign. Without his mighty men, David would never have risen to the heights he did.

Reading this list of otherwise anonymous heroes in David’s court, the Spirit whispers to me about the people who support and help me do the things I do… and without whose help I could not do what I do.  I won’t name my ‘mighty men’ but God is nudging me to thank them for the gift of support and help and protection that they provide for me day in and day out, year in and year out…

Dear God, thank You for those people You have put in my life who help, support, correct, and serve with me. Lord, thank You for providing each of these folk.  They are gifts to me and I am so thankful that You, Lord, have provided them. Lord, help me to honor them like David honored his mighty men. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment