Tuesday, February 1: 1Chronicles 6-8- To know I belong

 

The books of Chronicles provide a spiritual understanding of the history of David and his lineage. Likely recorded during, or shortly after the tribes were in exile (some expositors believe 1-2Chronicles, Ezra and Nehemiah form a 4-part series), it was important for the exiles to preserve their history and lineage… to know they belonged to the family of God.

Belonging is important, more important than most of us realize during the routine of life. But when trouble, heartache or disaster descends, belonging surges in importance.

Belonging. God understands the power of belonging. One of the gifts of the NT is that God emphasizes our belonging to Him. In the pages of the NT we are described as:

·         rescued and transported to God’s kingdom,

·         adopted by God

·         born of God

·         co-heirs with Jesus, and more.

The Holy Spirit, we are told, was given to guarantee our inheritance.

Through faith in Jesus we belong to more than a particular race and lineage of people.  We belong to God and God’s family!

Give yourself some time to let this amazing truth sink in. I know I will.

Lord God, thank You for choosing me and for adopting me and rescuing me and bringing me to You.  Thank You that I am now part of Your family and that You will never ever let me go! Hallelujah! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment