Friday, February 11: 1Chronicles 17- above and beyond for God

 

This chapter revolves around David’s desire to do something great for the Lord. David wants to build a house for the Lord. For a desire like that to grow in David’s life, David’s heart must be focused on the Lord, right?

After all, David longs to do what no one has done for the Lord…

David’s big dream for God prompts me to wonder.  Do I live and long for God the way David did? Is my heart bent on doing for God, dreaming big dreams that will give God glory and honor or have I settled for less, settled for living a life that is focused on me with token nods to God?

These are difficult questions. They push me past surface things to look deep inside. These thoughts cause me to examine motives, hopes and dreams and most honestly, those which revolve around me and my life…

Lord, the me I am seeing is troubling.  The me I am seeing is selfish and self-focused.  The me I am seeing desperately needs a savior…thank You, Jesus!  The me I am seeing desperately needs a guide and a counselor… thank You, Holy Spirit!  The me I am seeing needs Your strength, Father.  Help me to be the son You desire and have called me to be. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment