Friday, February 25: 1Chronicles 29- Life's legacy.

What’s my life legacy?  That is the question I found myself contemplating as I read the last events of David’s life.

Yesterday David charged the leaders and his son to remain faithful to the Lord. Today David gives a huge gift for the building of the Temple. He follows his gift with a grand prayer and praise to the Lord. Then he leads the entire assembly to praise and bow down to the Lord. Those are powerful images of legacy.

I mused about my legacy. Will I leave a significant gift to further God’s kingdom? What will be my final words to family, friends, and associates?

Next, I wondered what a chronicler would record about my life and my legacy.

I realize that these are all hypothetical questions that hopefully are decades away and this led to a final thought. How shall I live today so that I will leave a God-honoring faith-filled legacy when God deems it is time for me to come home?

Take my life and let it be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee. Take my moments and my days, let them flow in endless praise.

Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love. Take my feet and let them be Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my love, my Lord, I pour At Thy feet its treasure store. Take myself and I will be Ever, only, all for Thee

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment