Saturday, February 19: 1Chronicles 24- unlimited personal access to God

   Following the exile, it was critical to reestablish correct worship. Of first importance was making sure that those who served as priests, those who had access to the very presence of God, were from the line and lineage of Aaron. And so the chronicler lists the families and clans of priests...

   I marveled at the gift we, who are people of the New Testament, have. Access to God is not limited to a few priests, who because of bloodlines, can enter the presence of God and offer sacrifices on our behalf. We, who follow Jesus, have unlimited personal access to God.
   Thanks be to God!

   Lord, I sit this morning marveling at Your invitation to come to You and to be with You anytime. I am so thankful that I don't need a priestly intermediary but that I can go directly to You. Jesus, thank You for opening this full-access way to God, the Father. Jesus, thank You for being the full-access way to the Father. Holy Spirit, thank You for applying the gift and blessing of Jesus to my life...
   Praise be to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; one God forever and ever. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment