Thursday, February 3: 1Chronicles 10- A tragic life

Saul exemplifies a tragic life. He had everything. As the first king of Israel, the doorway to life was wide open to him. God was establishing His nation and Saul was at the point. Unfortunately, Saul couldn’t keep his eyes on the Lord. When pressed or confused, he turned this way and that, looking for an answer but the one direction he never looked was to the Lord. Pride, stupidity, too much self-reliance, we will never know what drove and motivated him to all the wrong choices. What we do know is that his faithlessness resulted in God forsaking him, stripping Saul and his heirs of their kingly lineage and his ignoble death. Faithlessness looses out in the end.

Saul’s sad story is a poignant reminder to me to live and choose differently… to train myself to turn to the Lord when I am pressed, confused, anxious and up against the wall.

Saul’s story reminds me that I don’t have all the answers but the Lord God Almighty does. So, duh, turn to the Lord not counterfeits.

Saul’s story teaches me that God has life and future in His hand and faithfulness to the Lord is the wisest choice any person and every person can make.

Finally Saul’s life demonstrates to me that I must be vigilant in my pursuit of the Lord. Starting well with the Lord is not sufficient, going the distance and finishing well with the Lord is the goal.

O, Lord, it is sad to watch someone’s mistakes and to learn what not to do.  Yet on the flip side, I am grateful to You for Your word and this example of what not to do. Jesus, help me to learn these lessons well and to finish strong… In Jesus’ name and for His glory. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment