Wednesday, February 9: 1Chronicles 15- Learning from our mistakes.

 

David displays a wonderful example of learning from past failures. The last time he tried to bring the ark into Jerusalem Uzzah died for inappropriately touching the ark. Verses 11-15 show David’s wisdom as they prepare a second time to bring the ark to Jerusalem. Then David summoned Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and Uriel, Asaiah, Joel, Shemaiah, Eliel and Amminadab the Levites. He said to them, "You are the heads of the Levitical families; … It was because you, the Levites, did not bring it up the first time that the LORD our God broke out in anger against us. We did not inquire of him about how to do it in the prescribed way." … And the Levites carried the ark of God with the poles on their shoulders, as Moses had commanded in accordance with the word of the LORD.

We all make mistakes.  Thankfully most of our mistakes are not as costly as David’s. Not all of us learn from our mistakes… David did. And if we want to grow as people and Christ-followers, learning from our mistakes is a must…

Lord, at least for me, admitting mistakes and not blaming someone else is the first step I need to take to grow. Lord, show me my mistakes.  Help me to admit my mistakes and then, Lord, reveal to me how to not make those mistakes over and over again…

And, Lord, thank You for accepting me and forgiving me for my mistakes and sins. I want to grow and I need Your help to do so… in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment