Friday, March 2: Lamentations 5- To whom do you turn?.

In tragedy, heartache, pain, to whom do you turn?

Jeremiah, hurting, bewildered and upset continues to turn to God with his questions. This short book is a testimony to God’s faithfulness in dark days. This entire lament is a song to the Lord.  Why God? What God? Help God…

I realized this as I sat to read. The focus of each chapter was the Lord. My thoughts were confirmed with the closing verses. You, O LORD, reign forever; your throne endures from generation to generation. Why do you always forget us? Why do you forsake us so long? Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may return; renew our days as of old unless you have utterly rejected us and are angry with us beyond measure (19-22).

Questions for God?  Absolutely. A plea for restoration?  Yes. But behind both of these is the belief that the Lord is in control (19) and that He alone has the final say over the future (22).

To whom do do you turn to in times of pain, heartache and tragedy?

Lord God Jehovah, I rest my life and future in your hands. You are my rock and my fortress, in You will I trust.

Praise You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment