Wednesday, March 28: Hebrews 1- Glory and majesty of the SON.

Reading this magnificent description of the Son, Jesus, after having just read John’s Gospel is a one-two punch of the majesty and glory of Jesus. This is the heart of our faith –the Christian Faith- that Jesus is God’s One and Only son and God Himself.

The writer to the Hebrews makes it painstakingly clear that Jesus, the SON, is greater than any other.  He is even greater than angels who are superhuman messengers from God endowed with strengths and abilities beyond anything known in our material world. And in addition to their powers, they live in the presence of Almighty God. Yet no angel can compare with the SON, Jesus. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

I sat and pondered the SON… I thought about His earthy ministry and even more, I contemplated Jesus at the right hand of Majesty. I have few words… but many images and pictures and further wonderings about the One I worship and love… Jesus, my Lord and Savior and the Lord Almighty…

Holy Spirit, fill my life today with the Majesty of Jesus. Allow me to see and hear things that will increase my devotion to and love for Jesus, the Father, and You. I pray this in the name of the Oone who sits at the right hand of Majesty, Jesus the One and Only Son. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment