Friday, March 30: Hebrews 3- Faithful.

Verse 2 caught my eye. Here’s how the writer opens today’s chapter. Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God's house (1-2).  ‘1’ was the line I bolded that attracted my attention.

Jesus was faithful to the one who appointed Him…

I mulled over faithfulness… its hues, shades and applications in my life. I considered my relationship with the Lord, and particularly my faithfulness.

Lord, are there any particular areas of my life that need work? Areas where I am less than faithful, even areas where I am fooling myself? Lord, speak to me, show me and help me grow stronger and more faithful in those areas.

I scanned areas like…use of time, charity & giving, how I speak and treat others, willingness to do God’s promptings, over and above my own desires…

Next I reviewed those relationships closest to me… with my spouse, children, parents, friends and coworkers.

Lord, do I treat these important people in my life with the respect and honor that behooves a Christ Follower? Am I kind and loving, faithful to my word and words, gracious, patient, honest, truthful and full of goodness? Does my life encourage them to desire a deeper relationship with You or do they view me as a hypocrite?

Oh, Lord, help me be the kind of person others want to be around. A person who blesses lives like Jesus blessed.

Next I thought about my work and civic duties. I thought about things like work-ethic and effort. I considered my response to civic issues like paying taxes and giving back to my community…

Lord, do I represent You well in my work and civic endeavors? Do I give of myself in these ways, adding to the common good through my efforts?

Lord Jesus, help me to be faithful to You in all spheres of my life. May my life make a difference in small and not so small ways, as Your will determines. May I, Jesus, be faithful to You in all areas of my life. In Your name, Jesus, I bring these requests to the Father through the agency of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment