Monday, March 12: John 8- Another gospel summary.

Verse 24 offers a simple summary of Jesus’ mission. Jesus said, I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins.

Not the entire gospel but certainly a key portion of it… if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins.

Do you believe Jesus is the Christ, the one and only Son of God and God himself who came to offer his life on the cross to pay the penalty for your sins? Do you believe?

I believe that with all my heart. On October 3, 1975 I professed my belief to Jesus in prayer in a motel room in Muhlenberg, PA. That was the most important decision of my life and the one that changed my focus, my hopes, my desires and my dreams…

Do you believe?

Lord, I know now that without Your grace I would never have believed. Thank You, thank You, thank You… In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment