Saturday, March 10: John 7- Timing.

 “Timing is everything,” or so the saying goes. Certainly there is truth to this. I had a cousin in the 1960’s who was an innovator before his time. With a background in electronics he had an automatic timer for his morning coffee, unheard of back then. He could start his car from in his house so he it would be all warm and toasty when he got in it in the winter.  He created electronics in a small Tupperware box on which you could push buttons and it would play musical notes. He attempted to sell some of these inventions but they never flew. Today each idea lives in our market…

Timing may not be everything but it is important.

Verse 6&8 speaks of another kind of timing. Therefore Jesus told them, "The right time for me has not yet come; for you any time is right. … You go to the Feast. I am not yet going up to this Feast, because for me the right time has not yet come."

The right time… the Greek word in this verse for time is ‘kairos’ time, as season or moment. Knowing God’s time for something is important. When God moves things happen. But if/when we attempt to make things happen on our own there can be problems.

A key for living faithfully with the Lord is learning to listen to God for His timing….knowing when to step out and when not.

Jesus waited a few days, Then He did go up to the feast.  While at the feast he again waited until the right time before he began to speak publicly.

Timing…

Over the last years, thanks in part to the teachings that grow from a ministry called PRMI (check out www.PRMI.org or its teaching arm www.dunamisinstitute.org), I am learning to listen to the Lord for His timing. I don’t always get it right but when I do, there is a sense that God’s power has anointed the moment for His glory.

“God’s timing is everything,” this I do know to be true.

Lord, Jesus, help me to listen to You and the Spirit’s nudgings so that I can move when You say move, go when You say go and speak when You say speak. Then Lord, I will be in ‘Your timing’ and will accomplish all that You desire for me to accomplish so that Your kingdom will advance.

Jesus, I pray this in Your name and for the sake and glory of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment