Monday, March 19: John 14- Trust God and me.

The opening two sentences captivated me. After finishing this rich chapter I immediately returned to verse one. Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

Aren’t we all seeking to have our hearts at peace and rest? Don’t we all want to avoid a troubled heart? Isn’t this a basic human desire? For people I know it is.

And Jesus, in seven words,  answers this basic human desire. Trust in God; trust also in me. So basic, so simple, so straightforward.

Trust in God; trust also in me.

Trust in Jesus brings peace (John 14, 16, 20; Philippians 4:7-9)

Trust in Jesus brings abundant life (John 10:10)

Trust in Jesus brings reconnection with God (John 1:12)

Trust in Jesus brings the constant presence of the HS (John 14, 16; Acts 2:38-39)

I only wish trust, true trust in Jesus, were easy. Alas, it is not… but it is worth it.

Have you put your trust in Jesus? Are you trusting in Jesus now? Are you trusting Jesus with life’s problems and challenges?

Lord Jesus, help me to trust You fully… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment