Friday, June 29: Daniel 7 - Jesus King of kings.

I struggle with chapters like this. I am far more literal than figurative, so symbolic dreams and visions lose me. If this morning was one of study, I would dig into the four kingdoms and the various aspects of the dream through the interpretation given. But since this is a devotional reading, I sought a nugget that would stimulate my faith.

I discovered my morning nugget in verses 13-14. "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Jesus was been given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. I pondered that.

I repeated what Jesus was given: authority… glory… sovereign power… dominion… forever.

Jesus truly is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

I ruminated on this truth.

Crown him with many crowns, the lamb upon his throne the Lamb upon his throne, Hark! how the heavenly anthem drowns all music but its own. Awake, my soul, and sing of him who died for thee, and hail him as thy matchless King through all eternity

Mighty, invincible, majestic is Jesus. Why do I fear? He is on my side…

Praise be to You, Jesus. Praise be to You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment