Saturday, June 30: Daniel 8 - God is there in the confusing and perplexing times of life..

Like I said yesterday, dreams and visions and messages about the end of times are a tough read for me. They don’t answer questions I am asking and seem pretty disconnected from my life. After reading, I sat still before the text, scanning it and asking God for a kernel of truth from His heart for mine for today.

I found myself amazed at God’s grace. Here God was providing information that will be helpful for His people as the end of days grow closer. God provides. I added to this the wonder that God speaks interpretation to Daniel and us about the dream. While I, Daniel, was watching the vision and trying to understand it, …I heard a man's voice … calling, "Gabriel, tell this man the meaning of the vision" (15-16).

When Daniel was perplexed and trying to figure out what God was saying in the dream, God comes through with an answer. I cannot count the number of times God has entered my confusion and given me grace to sort things out or shown me the next step to take.

God is there in the confusing and perplexing times of life.

Often it is not until a later time, as I reflect back upon a situation, that I can clearly see the many ways God was present.

God was there and God is there… for Daniel and for me.

Here is where I sat in God’s lap this morning. Thank You, Lord.

Thank You, Lord God, for this reminder that You are present in the tough times, the foggy times, the uncertain times of life. Praise be to You, Lord Jesus, Heavenly Father, Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment