Tuesday, June 12: James 5 - A life well rooted in God.

There were so many verses that touched my life, any number of them were worthy of meditation. James is so practical and so real.

Ultimately, I lingered on these words. Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord (13-14). It was the ‘whole of life planted in God’ that caught my attention. No matter the circumstances of life there is an appropriate response to the Lord.

Trouble… pray

Happy… praise

Sick… church body praying for healing

No matter what is going on, lean on the Lord.

The Lord is part of the equation for every part, every circumstance, and every season of life. To know God in this way, with this fullness, that is my desire. Expressing this desire leads directly into prayer.

Oh, Lord, my God, I long to be so connected with You that every aspect of life connects me more and more closely with You. The writer of Ecclesiastes says when times are good be happy, when time are bad consider (xx).  This morning James filled that thought out, showing me that in all times and seasons there is a way to be connected with You.

Lord,may I learn that way. May I live that way. Lord, it will only happen by Your grace and the leading of Your Holy Spirit, moment by moment in my life. Through Jesus, I utter this prayer to You, my God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment