Tuesday, June 5: Ezekiel 47 - The River of Life.

As I read about the river I immediately remembered another river in Revelation 22. The two visions are very similar.

Ezekiel 47:1,12: The man brought me back to the entrance of the temple, and I saw water coming out from under the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east). The water was coming down from under the south side of the temple, south of the altar. … Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing.

Revelation 22:1-2: Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

The river waters life.  The river waters the trees which constantly bear fruit and their leaves are for healing.

I saw in these visions how God’s grace flows from His throne in never ending supply. God’s grace feeds and nourishes. Water is essential for humans and to sustain that which we need. God is supplying it with abundance. And the trees God has planted along the river provide food and healing.  The trees sustain and maintain life. Grace sustains and maintains life.

And so I pondered and meditated upon GRACE, the ever-present abundant-flow of grace, which comes from God.

What a wonderful morning immersing myself in the flow of God Grace…

Grace, grace, God’s grace. Grace that is greater than all my sin.

Grace, grace God’s grace. Grace that will pardon and forgive…

 

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see…

 

Thank You for Your grace, Lord. Grace that flows freely and abundantly from Your hand. Grace that waters life, nourishes life and provides all I need. Grace that refreshes and bathes. Thank You for all Your grace and all it does… Thank You. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment