Monday, March 31: Luke 8- Decision Time.

As I was opening my Bible this morning, I saw on another open screen the words, “Decision Time.” Those words stuck with me as I read chapter 8. I thought, when Jesus arrives on the scene it is Decision Time…

The women cured of diseases made the decision to follow and support Jesus.

To the crowds following Him, Jesus told a parable about decision. Decision isn’t merely a momentary response to Jesus, it is a lifelong pursuit and many obstacles will try to undermine the decision to follow Jesus. Only those who persist truly decided to follow!

Verse 18 says, so consider how you listen… Decision time.

And in a curious response to someone shouting your mother and brothers are here, Jesus replies, "My mother and brothers are those who hear God's word and put it into practice" (21). Decision time means putting into practice what God’s Word says.

Have you made your decision to follow Jesus, to practice what He preaches and what God’s Word says and to continue doing so, no matter how hard the road gets?

Think about it…

Lord, as the old hymn says, I have decided to follow Jesus… no turning back, no turning back. Lord, give me the strength to stay the course with You, come what may. No matter what! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment