Friday, June 13: 2Samuel 17- Living faithfully.

Today’s account hinges on verse 14, For the LORD had determined to frustrate the good advice of Ahithophel in order to bring disaster on Absalom.

Even in the chaos of the recent days, God is in control. Even with Absalom having the upper hand, God is in control. And the Lord is working out His will and way.

There is no way David knew God would work things out in his favor at this time. He was running for his life, uncertain if he would live or die; uncertain if the events represented God’s judgment or if God would save him.

Rarely in life do we understand God’s bigger picture and all that God is doing in, through, and around us. Our lot is to live faithfully, trusting God, with the outcome of our endeavors and life.

Today I leave for Nigeria. I know God has called me to this work, I have prepared to the best of my ability. Now I need to step out and live faithfully as the trip unfolds and God’s plan plays out.

Trusting the Lord, living faithfully and then giving the Lord the honor and praise due to Him, this is life in a nutshell.

Happy living…

Thank You, Lord, for those times You give me a glimpse of what You are doing. Thank You, Lord, for the days Your Spirit guides me to life rightly even when I do not know what You are up to. Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to live and serve You all days. To You be honor and glory, forever and ever. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment