Thursday, June 5: 2Samuel 10- Imperfect yet loved by God.

This was a difficult chapter for me in which to gain a devotional moment.. No mention of God. A battle over honor. Mistrust through and through. Not the stuff of inspiration.

And, yet, here it is in Scripture, a chapter about one of the most revered figures of the Old Testament, King David.

We are a motely crew, we humans that is. We can be suspicious of honorable things. We can fight at the drop of a hat. Foot soldiers are pawns often killed in battles where they know nothing about the big picture.

And God still loves us. God made and set in motion a plan to save us. And God lives in and through us when we place our faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and God.

I sit here today amazed at God’s love for me, imperfect as I am… and God’s love for us humans…..where our imperfections rub each other the wrong way and we seem to create more wrongs when our individual wrongs mix.

Forgive me, Lord. Forgive us, Lord. And thank You for never ceasing to love. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment