Wednesday, June 25: 1Peter 3- Be. do.

Oh, where should I ponder and meditate? So many riches, so many options.

Verses 8-9 win the battle for my meditations. It was the practical nature of the “bes” and “dos.” Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Be like-minded, of one mind: brothers and sisters in Christ should be marching toward the same goal, seeking to be like Christ and serving His kingdom.

Be sympathetic… love one another… be compassionate: Christ-followers are to be the kind of people who care for others. We are to mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who rejoice. We enter others’ lives to be with them in life.

Be humble: thoughts of and for others ring as loudly or louder than thoughts for self.

Do not repay evil for evil… rather DO repay evil with blessing: bless others, bless and do not curse. Jesus said it like this, ‘turn the other cheek’ (Matthew 5:39, Luke 6:29).

Lord, how I act matters to You and to kingdom work. Strengthen me with Your spirit so that I can be and do all You want me to be and do. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment