Thursday, June 19: 2Samuel 22- A depth of prayer.

What a refreshing chapter in the midst of sad and troubled history. David sat and David prayed. How many leaders do that? How many people do that?

ü      There were so many places to pause and ponder as I read this prayer.

ü      The love and trust David expresses in the Lord….

ü      God’s sovereignty in action…

ü      God’s saving and vindication of David against his foes…

ü      David’s recognition that God saved him…

Oh, so many places to pause and ponder.

Even as my heart was refreshed during my stroll through this psalm, this prayer, I kept returning to the thought, David took the time to pray and even more than that, he took time to compose and record this prayer.

Do I pray with this dedication? Do I pray with this fervor? Do I pray with this intentionality? Do I? Do I?

Do I thank and bless the Lord when He rescues me?

Do I cry out to the Lord with honesty and self-less abandon when I am in need?

Do I even recognize that I need help beyond myself?

David threw himself on the Lord… do I? Will I?

Will you?...

Lord, I close my eyes and bow my head in honor and humbleness before You. You are sovereign! You alone reign over the heavens and the earth and everything under the earth.

I praise You. I need You. I cannot live this life with integrity, with courage, with energy and power for You without Your help. Send Your Holy Spirit that I might live as You would have me live…

That I might do the things You have for me to do so that Your kingdom advances…

That I might say words You need said…

All for Your glory and honor, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment