Monday, June 2: 2Samuel 7- To go deeper with the Lord.

 

How much of David’s life was focused on love and care for the Lord!

In the last chapter we saw that David’s desire, once he became king, was to bring the ark of the Lord to Jerusalem. Now today he dreams of building a permanent temple for the ark. And listen to his motivation, "Here I am, living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent" (2).

David wanted the best for the Lord. David honored the Lord.

David certainly wasn’t perfect, but his love for the Lord was deep and real and this inspires me.

David inspires me to go deeper, and to not hold back in my love and devotion to the Lord.

Thank you, David, for living for God and loving God as you did. Lord, help me to aspire to all the good traits of David,,,,,love, devotion, passion for You.

Lord, that I would be wholly Yours… this is my prayer, through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment