Tuesday, June 17: 2Samuel 20- today is a quandary.

I found myself pondering David and Joab. It seems David tried on a few occasions to replace him, but Joab always found a way to eliminate his competition. And by eliminate, I mean kill. Joab was a man of blood.

I wondered how David, a man after God’s own heart, put up with a man of blood like Joab. Joab was very good at his job, commander of the army, and at times he did give David tremendous advice, but his character seems focused on personal gain.

I am not sure what to do with this thought.

I certainly prefer working with people of integrity who listen to and follow the Lord.

Lord, help me to discern people of integrity and to surround myself with them as I work to execute Your plans, will and way. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment