Saturday, June 14: 2Samuel 18-Loyalty.

I was incredibly impressed with the loyalty of David’s men expressed in verse 3: But the men said, “You must not go out; if we are forced to flee, they won’t care about us. Even if half of us die, they won’t care; but you are worth ten thousand of us. It would be better now for you to give us support from the city.” These men were willing to die to protect David. And this was not because it was their ‘job.’ No, they, willingly, were ready to sacrifice everything for David.

What loyalty and devotion…

My initial thoughts wondered about what in David engendered such deep loyalty. David must have been a tremendous leader to have so many men willing to die for him.

After a bit my thoughts traveled to thoughts of God. Would I willingly express such loyalty to the Lord? Would I die to protect God’s name and honor? I’d like to think so, but I have never been put to the test… so I am left to ponder and to affirm and express my love for the Lord.

Oh, Lord, I pledge and affirm my allegiance to You. I don’t want my words to sound hyper spiritual in any way, Lord. I am Yours. Use me how You will to advance Your kingdom… I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment