Friday, August 29: Ezra 2- God who knows me & you.

This chapter will never make it into the list of most interesting or exciting chapters in the Bible. And yet as I read (probably more honestly scanned) all those names, it seems that the Lord spoke directly into my heart.   “People are important.” And what I heard in my spirit was not generic “people,” as if a lump of humanity was what the Lord was talking about. No, God was speaking to me that people, individual human beings, are important to Him. He knows our names, our birthdates and family lineage. God knows us by name.

As I write this, I am sitting in an airport surrounded by more people than I could count. Each and every one of the people milling around me are individual persons to the Lord. The man with the neck collar… God knows his name. The loud talkers behind me… God knows their names. The nationals and internationals, God knows each of their names.

The God I worship is a God who knows me. And for this I am drawn deeper into worship of my Lord God… The God who knows my name and your name and all of our names…

Jesus, Father, Spirit… I sit today delighted that I am Yours. You saved me and for this I will be eternally grateful! But even more today after reading this chapter and hearing Your voice, I am amazed, honored and blessed that You know me. You know my name, my family of origin and my own family. And this tells me how much You LOVE me. I am awed that the God of infinite wisdom and majesty knows and loves me. Blown away… that’s what I am feeling today. Blown away by You, Lord, God, Almighty. Through Jesus, I pray… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment