Friday, August 8: 2Kings 9- Mixed motives.

I marvel at how immediately Jehu obeys the Lord in killing the king and usurping the throne. Yet, I know that Jehu isn’t faithful to the Lord in other aspects of his kingship. How is it that he immediately does something but not others? I notice that the area of obedience will serve his needs and desires… hmmm?

Jehu strikes me as an example of ‘most people’. We are people of mixed motives and mixed behaviors.

Lord, what a mess we are…

I find myself falling before the Lord in prayer…

Forgive me, Oh God, for my mix of faithfulness and unfaithfulness in my life.

Lord, I don’t want to be a Jehu… a person who serves You when it is convenient and beneficial, but ignores You when it doesn’t suit me. Lord, I don’t want to be double minded.  Forgive me, I pray, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment