Wednesday, August 6: 2Kings 7- Sharing.

God does what only God can do. The account of the Aramean flight is yet another example of the Lord orchestrating His Word and Will. The God of the Bible, the God we serve is THE everlasting, almighty, only wise God and the pages of the Bible reveal this to be true!

As individuals, each person has a choice to believe God’s self-revelation told in the Bible or not to believe. The choice is yours.

I, for one, choose to believe.

In terms of meditations, I found myself thinking about the lepers’ dilemma. They discover food and riches free for the taking. At the same time they know that fellow Israelites are starving in the city. What do you do? Keep it for oneself or tell others? Verses 8-9 tell their story. The men who had leprosy reached the edge of the camp, entered one of the tents and ate and drank. Then they took silver, gold and clothes, and went off and hid them. They returned and entered another tent and took some things from it and hid them also. Then they said to each other, “What we’re doing is not right. This is a day of good news and we are keeping it to ourselves. If we wait until daylight, punishment will overtake us. Let’s go at once and report this to the royal palace.”

They decided that what they discovered should be shared with others. My first thought was the golden rule; love your neighbor as yourself. Do for others what you would hope they would do for you. The lepers remembered the plight of others and did what they could.  They did what the Lord would have had them do.

Almost immediately I began to think about present day scenarios that could be considered parallel situations…

Do I care for the poor (people I know, not just nameless poor) with the heart of generosity these lepers displayed?

Do I care for the lost and share the Gospel with the lost, with the heart of generosity these lepers showed?

And so my meditations went…

Lord, do I live Your golden rule, Your greatest commandment, part II, as these men did?

Do I see myself as desperate and receive everything You give as gift, as these men did? Do I, Lord?

Lord, change my heart, I pray. Make me more like You. Give me Your heart, I pray… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment