Wednesday, August 27: 2Kings 25- The end!.

So Judah went into captivity, away from her land (21b).

And so the Lord rendered His judgment on Judah. Into captivity they went. Temple destroyed, populace dragged away.

God’s judgment is not pretty.

We play with fire when we disregard the Lord’s Commands. We play with fire when we chase after gods other than the Lord. And if we don’t repent when God gives us opportunity, we are pouring gasoline on the fire of our disobedience…

Judah was paying for her disobedience and resistance to the prophet’s calls to return.

My heart is sobered as I consider the judgment of God. God’s final judgment will come some day just like Judah’s judgment came in the reading today.

Are you ready to stand before God and answer for how you have lived your life? Are you ready to have your life examined, word for word, deed for deed, each plumbed to God’s Word and Commands? Are you ready for that day?

Judah was not ready. Many people probably thought, “God will never punish us.” They were wrong. Are you willing to be wrong, too?

I am not… I have turned to Jesus to be saved on the day of God’s judgment. Have you turned to Jesus? Do you confessed Jesus to be Lord? Think about it…

I surrender all. I surrender all. All to Jesus I surrender. All to Jesus I freely give…

Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment