Thursday, August 7: 2Kings 8- Remembering.

The circumstances of the woman receiving her property back, got me thinking about how God arranges circumstance to accomplish His purposes. Not everyone would agree with me that God arranges things. Many, maybe even most, people in the world are willing to acknowledge coincidences. Things that just seem to fall in place, like the woman arriving just as Gehazi is reminding the king about Elisha’s miracle with her son.

The scriptures don’t see it that way. Scripture understands that God’s hand is behind these “coincidences.” I have adopted the view of Scripture. For me they are ‘God-incidences’, not coincidences.

I began to think about ‘God-incidences’ in my life. Too many to recall, but spending time remembering has been encouraging walking down memory lane. The wonderful and surprising ways the Lord has worked in my life and the lives of those I hold dear and know well.

I serve an amazing God… and I am delighting in recalling His wonderful works.

Take a moment before you pray and recall how God’s hand has worked in your life. Then join me praise and thanks to Him.

Lord, I praise You. You are so good. I have been blessed by You and Your work in my life so many times. Thank You. Praise You.

Lord, I pray that I keep my eyes open to Your workings. I pray that I recognize Your hand at work and praise You for it. I pray that You work things so that my life brings praise to You and advances your kingdom. For You I live… Praise be to You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment