Tuesday, August 19: 2Kings 18- Tumbling thoughts.

With the account of Hezekiah, we take a deep breath of faithfulness. Here is a king who reigns as unto the Lord. Verse 6: He [Hezekiah] held fast to the LORD and did not cease to follow him; he kept the commands the LORD had given Moses.

These words pricked my heart. Do I live like this? Could it be said of me that I held fast to the Lord and did not cease to follow Him?

Could this be said of you?

Thoughts kept building in my meditations…

A person has to know the Lord in order to follow Him. A person has to know God’s commands in order to keep them.

Can a person know the Lord without knowing His commands?

Questions tumbled…

Lord, thank You for these words written about Hezekiah. They pierce me. They convict me. They challenge me to be present with You, to study Your Word, Your book, Your Laws and Commands.

Grace me, Lord, with the presence of the Holy Spirit, that as I attend to Your Word, the Spirit will instruct me and teach me… This I pray through Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment