Friday, March 13: Hebrews 11- I believe God created the world and everything in it.

After reading the honor roll I found myself returning to verse 3: By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

I earned a master’s degree in engineering from a prestigious engineering college before heading off to seminary. This means I have almost as many college years studying science and engineering as I do divinity. I say this not to toot my own horn, but to say I understand the various arguments for and against the Bible’s view that God created the universe out of nothing.

Truthfully one cannot absolutely prove the evolutionist view anymore than one can prove the creationists’ view. Both sides can line up PhDs to argue their case. Ultimately, it comes down to faith.  Did God create or did our universe and world ‘just happen’?  Your faith, your beliefs, your presuppositions will determine where you land on the issue.

And this is why I find the writer of Hebrews comment so refreshing. He says, By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command…

And because of my faith, because I believe the Bible is God’s Word written to humanity and is therefore true, I believe God created the world and everything in it.

Do you have the faith to believe?...

Lord God, it is my joy and honor to put my faith in You… God of the universe, God of creation, God of redemption and salvation. Lord God Almighty, the Most High God.

In You I put my trust. Alleluia. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment