Thursday, March 19: Psalm 34- Savor the Lord, taste and see that He is good.

Like today I often have my devotions and Bible reading while I eat breakfast. I eat simply in the morning, generally fruit. But after a night of sleep and brushed teeth, flavors explode in my mouth. Orange slices gush with goodness, the sweetened citrus wakes up my day. Then there was the wonderfully ripe pear, subtle and silky-smooth, as its clean taste slide down. I also enjoyed some berries. Raspberries are a favorite; little red-nuggets of delight; sweet, vibrant, they seem to melt in my mouth. Finally, I enjoyed some blackberries, a bigger nugget, a little less sweet with more substance, with those pesky seeds too. I actually have to chew blackberries to release the flavor.

All these sensations in my breakfast meal… background to verse 8: Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

The Lord is good and He brings so much richness into my life.  Goodness in the morning gush into my life when I pause to acknowledge Him. The smoothness of His love. The Lord brings life to me each and every day. He sustains me. He surprises me. He encourages me. He challenges and confronts me.

I have been savoring the Lord all morning… David is so very right… Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Lord, You are good. You are good.  You are good all the time. Lord, You are soooo good. Thank You for opening my eyes to you. I love You, Lord, and I am glad and blessed to find my refuge in You. Praise be to You, Lord God Almighty, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment