Tuesday, March 3: Hebrews 2- God's word speaks to me.

Right out of the gate, the writer’s counsel hit me. Verse 1: We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.

Pay attention… so that you do not drift away. POW.

Theologians debate whether a person can ‘lose their salvation or not.’ Frankly, I don’t care to enter the debate, nor do I think this one text seals the deal one way or the other.

It does, however, speak clearly to me. Don’t get cocky. Don’t get complacent. Pay attention to your faith. Keep working at your faith.

For me this verse is very helpful.

I can grow complacent. I can become lackadaisical. I can forget to pay attention to my faith and become distracted by all manner of life things…

This verse gives me perspective and keeps me on the Lord’s track. This is one reason why I love being in God’s Word. It is so honest. The writers understand life, real life, the kind of life I live and they speak to it.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for inspiring such a practical Word. For caring so much for me (us) that you authored the Word to teach me about You, the Son, and the Father. Praise be to you, Lord God! Amen and Alleluia!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment