Tuesday, March 17: Psalm 32- The gift of forgiveness.

Oh my, is David right! Hiding my sins and my wrongs from God can be so painful. I ache. I hurt. My conscience wracks me with pain and guilt. Why do I do this? Why, oh why, do I do this? Am I embarrassed of my failure? Am I afraid of my consequences?

When I finally come to my senses, like the prodigal son, God is there to love me back into relationship.

That’s just what David sang about… Verses 1-5:

Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the LORD does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.

The Lord is a God of forgiveness and love. He longs to live in relationship with us through faith in Jesus Christ. He wants us to be restored to right connection with Him. But for that to happen, our sins need to be wiped clean. This is precisely what God will do if we come to Him and confess our sins…

Don’t wait. Trust me.  The Lord will welcome you with open arms…

O, Lord, I confess that I have sinned before You in thought, word and deed, by what I have done and what I have left undone.

Hear my confession.  Lord, I have…

Now send Your forgiveness, I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment