Friday, March 20: Psalm 35- Calling out to the Lord.

Where do you turn in times of trouble?

David turned to the Lord. Contend, Lord, with those who contend against me (1)…

Like the older phrase “Dems fightin’ words,” David is crying out to the Lord, “FIGHT for me!”

David hasn’t rolled over and given up. David is not on his last breath, finally turning to the Lord in desperation. NO. David cultivated a life of turning to the Lord with songs of joy in good times and cries for help in bad.

I have the joy of a wife with whom I can and do talk about anything… good, bad, ugly. You name it, we can share it. That’s what best friends can do.

David, without loosing sight that the Lord is the LORD God Almighty, also understands that the Lord is someone with whom we can share anything and everything. In times of trouble He is there. In times of joy He is there.

One great difference is that the Lord is God so He can do things my wife and friends cannot. He CAN save me. David knew that and so he called out…

Question is, Do I, do you, do the same?... think about it. I know I am.

Lord, I am learning to throw myself on You for mercy and for help. I’m learning, Lord. I’m learning.

And just because I want to say it, I love You, Lord and I lay my life before You. Use me to further Your will, Your way, Your glory, however You choose. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment