Tuesday, March 10: Hebrews 8- Jesus my all in all.

I guess when I hear “Now the main point is”, I listen up.  That is precisely how this chapter starts. Now the main point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by a mere human being (1-2).

Jesus is our High Priest. He stands before the eternal throne of God in heaven’s majesty and He “priests” for us.

A priest represents people to God and God to the people. Priests offer sacrifices for the people to atone for their sins. A priest offers the peoples’ thank you and love offerings to God for them, too. So the picture painted for us in this passage is of Jesus standing before God, the Father, as our priest! He is representing us to God, the Father. He is offering a sacrifice for our sins, which is His life offered on the cross. Jesus is doing for us what we could never have done for ourselves, nor could any mere human being.

Jesus, God Himself, is our perfect priest and our atoning sacrifice.

If the writer of Hebrews is striking one chord, it is Jesus is our priest, our answer, our hope, our all-in-all.

Today I sit and ponder Jesus, my Lord!

Thank You, Jesus, for dying for me… and for serving as my priest before the Father in heaven. I am so blessed that You are my Lord and Savior. And I surrender all to You. Halleluiah. Amen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment