Friday, March 27: Luke 5- Gripped by the word of God.

I was struck by the wording of verse 1, particularly what I have underlined. One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, the people were crowding around him and listening to the word of God.

Was Jesus reciting Scripture? I doubt that. At least we have no record of Him simply reciting Scripture. What we do have is many examples of Jesus using Scripture and explaining it or using parables to teach about God.

What caught me was Luke’s simple notation that Jesus speaking and teaching is the Word of God.

I am not really sure why this thought pushed so deep into my soul… it seems so simple and basic. But to hear and read Jesus’ Words called the Word of God gripped me.

It is good to be gripped by the Word of God…

Lord, may Your Word change me as it grips me. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment