Monday, March 23: Luke 1- God is on the move.

It was refreshing to sit and slowly take in the account as Luke tells it. This truly is an epic story filled by angelic encounters, miraculous births and faith-filled God-followers.

It was the big picture that spoke to me today. God was on the move, orchestrating events so the Son would be born.

So often we see only a small glimpse of what God is doing. But God has been acting and working to bring that event about. A friend called me last evening, asking me to pray. He is a retired pastor who has an interview with a church in 2 weeks. He is very excited about this. He was not seeking a call. A couple of years ago when he retired he told his District Superintendent that if there was ever a church that fit his gifts, he was open. His DS called…  This isn’t a done deal, which is why he asked for prayer, but think about all the God-connections necessary: an open pulpit, people who need his gifts, his willingness to return to the work-world, a DS to put things together… and so on.

God was on the move orchestrating events…

At church the other weekend two women chatted during coffee hour. One woman shared a need and the other women said, “Could I pray for you?”

“Yes, of course,” came the reply. Then Tuesday the church office receive a call, the woman’s  leg that was prayed for was healed. Praise God.

Again, I thought of the events leading to the prayer and healing: a woman in need, a ‘chance’ meeting during coffee hour, an offer to pray and a prayer offered in faith. God’s miraculous touch.

God was on the move orchestrating events…

I don’t know what will happen today. I do not know what God will do with me, through me, for me, around me.  However, this I know, God is on the move orchestrating events for His glory and I want to be in the center of His will, obediently following as He leads.

Lord, I avail myself to You… use me as You see fit to move Your will and way along. Through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment